"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name O Most High."
Psalm 9: 1,2
I've been in a spirit of thankfulness today. Grant had a great eye appointment!
As Dr. Metz was checking him out, I was literally catching myself holding my breath. He checked his pressures more than once, which as you can imagine started causing me to freak a little. He also seemed to take longer than normal for the over all exam. I found myself holding Grant and praying. I was preparing for bad news. Isn't that terrible, how pessimistic I am????
He was asking me about that booger of a left eye. Yes it still crosses, yes it's still weaker. That was the only negative news I heard all morning was that we needed to patch for 4 hours or half of his waking hours. We have to at least patch for 4 hours though. I'm just leaving it in the Lord's hands. I know He will take care of Grant in ways that even I can't.
I have had a relief today. But I've still found myself wondering, would my heart still be filled with praise for Him if we received not so good news? As Christians we are to give Him all of the praise in every situation, good and bad. Something to think about. With that being said, I am thankful that I can praise Him for the good today.
I was talking with a good friend earlier today about worship. It's been on my mind all day. Here's the thing, He doesn't care where you are, he requires our worship. And he DESERVES it. Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, the list could go on and on. God doesn't care what the name is on your church building's sign. He just wants worship from your heart. And take it a little farther. You don't even need to be in a building to worship. Some of the best worship experiences I have had have been in our church, and some have been in my car. :)
I can remember shortly after Grant's surgeries, when we were rejoicing in his sight, I was holding him in my bedroom and Nicole Mullen's song "When I Call On Jesus" came on. I literally found myself in tears, eyes closed, hands lifted high praising the One who restored my son's sight. The best part of that experience was when I opened my eyes and I saw my two year old with his arms lifted high. No, he didn't understand what he was doing, but it was precious. A memory I will never forget.
Wayne came home from work today to share a video he saw with me. It's a remix of Chris Tomlin's "How Great Is Our God."
I hope after sharing this with you today that I get one point across. WORSHIP IS A MATTER OF THE HEART. God doesn't care what church you go to or how you worship. The key is that you accept Jesus as your Savior, and you worship Him. Imagine the smile on God's face when his children worship Him. I think he probably gets sick of people in church arguing over how it should be done. Truth is, it should be done from the heart.
Tonight I worship the One who cares for us. Who cares for my son. Who gave my son sight. I'm thankful for an awesome eye appointment today. Yes, I could dwell on the fact that we have to patch more, but I refuse to do that. I will worship Him because Grant can see. I will worship Him because he cares about every aspect of our life. I will worship Him because he deserves it and so much more.

I don't think it is terrible to prepare for bad news. I think it is a good self preservation technique. I do that all the time at appointments. If it is bad news, I am not shocked. If it is good news, then I am pleasantly surprised. Sorry you have to patch Grant's good eye again.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the patching. And yes, we do need to praise no matter the situation. I agree that it isn't wrong to prepare for bad news but expect the best. And at least with patching - you can try out the new boy patches! Gotta see the silver lining right?
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great testimony. Enjoyed this very much and will share with others if you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteNot really Mrs. Connie, I've just finally decided to let God use me! Feel free! Love you!
DeleteSo happy to see all our prayers were answered... all three of us had fairly good Eye reports! :)
ReplyDelete