Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Feeling Like Poo

Man, I feel like my family has been sick for the entire winter (if that's what you want to call it).  I'm about sick of it, no pun intended.  I had to take both boys to the doctor today.  Jacob has pink eye (again, he just had it for the first time about 2 months ago), and Grant has a terrible ear infection (again).  Now that we have them on some good meds, I'm praying for a few hours of sleep tonight.

On top of them not feeling well, I really feel like poo.  I think it's allergy related.  I was so bad off last night (if you are on facebook you already know this) that Wayne literally dried my hair for me.  You should have seen me at the doctor's office this morning.  My hair looked like a poodle who had stuck it's finger in a light socket, no makeup, the most random clothes in the entire world, and I'm sure the doctor's office has to think we are poor from the way we looked.  I didn't even care.  And just in case you were wondering, this is I'm quite sure exactly what I looked like.


OK, if I'm honest, she looks a whole lot better than I did today.

Once we got them on the road to wellness, I've really been focusing on what is driving my allergies crazy.  This is not your typical seasonal allergies.  My throat literally at times feels like it's going to close up and I won't be able to breath.  I breath better outside than I do inside.  So, I've been trying to figure out what exactly we've changed around here.

Exhibit A:


Sweet girl was an inside dog before I got pregnant with Jacob.  I'm a germaphobe when it comes to my kiddos, so the dog had to go outside.  I couldn't handle the thought of a dog licking my baby!  Now that she's had this treatment, she has to stay closed up.  She's basically lived in our room in a kennel (vet told us to because it's the only way we can keep her calm), getting out a few times a day.  We are half way through her treatment, so God forbid, if it is her, I have two weeks left.  I had asthma as a child, and I was always triggered by cats.  Dogs never bothered me that I remember.  She is extremely hairy, which is why we are keeping her shaved.  I'm really hoping it's not her because Jacob is really having a blast with her inside and saying things like, "Thank you so much Mama.  I love Fritzie being inside!"

Exhibit B:

Scented Oils (I don't have a picture)

Because of Exhibit A, I was determined my house was not going to smell like she was in it.  Off to Target I go.  I spent way too much money on some scented oils (the ones with the wood wicks that come with them) and some Febreeze scents.  I love smelly things.  Always have.  When I was cleaning up the kitchen today I knocked one of them over, and I started sneezing like crazy.  So, all the new smelly things I just bought went outside with the trash can.  Waste. Of. Money.  Makes me sick.  Literally.

Who knows what is causing all of this.  I sure wish I did!  I'm sleeping on the couch for the second night in a row.  No, Wayne didn't kick me out!  I'm just afraid to sleep in there because I don't know if Fritzie girl is causing this or not.  The only thing I do know is I want this to go away.

Yes, I just wrote an entire post about me feeling like poo.  That's how bad I feel.

I will leave you with this.


Back in January Grant turned one.  I really need to blog about it.  I need to blog about Christmas too.  In March.  Oh well.  Maybe I will be able to breath by the end of the week, and I can officially catch everything up.

Hope everyone sleeps better than I do tonight!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the title of this post! My feeling exactly!!! At least you managed to put a post together about it... I have felt so badly that all I can manage to do is read everyone's blogs and leave comments. ;) Hang in there, spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sock monkey theme! Can't wait to see more pics from the party!

    ReplyDelete