These go back to a little earlier in the spring. When it starts warming up a little bit, we start heading to the river a lot. Since we can't get in the water yet, we spend a lot of time fishing. Jacob begs to go fishing. He is such a little country boy! :)
Mama even caught a fish! This happens very rarely. I get so frustrated with fishing. I'm soooo not a patient person. With that being said, I have fun with my family, and I have boys. When you have boys, you do what boys do. That includes fishing. By the end of this year, I will be pulling my own fish off of the hook. That is my goal. :)
We've done a good bit of fishing off of the pier too.
This day something really fun happened! Jacob cast, reeled, and caught his own fish. He did it all by himself! That was definitely a milestone for this family.
And this guy? He's so not a fan of his life jacket. Not to mention, all of this was during the time he was screaming straight. Praise the Lord, I am happy to announce that it appears that we have our happy baby back! (By the way, looking at this picture makes me nervous, so I thought I should clarify. We weren't moving, we were parked at the pier, Wayne was right there. So, it wasn't quite as scary as it looks! :))
And of course, all of the littles love watching the fish in the live well. Wayne and I haven't kept any permanently, but we always ride around with them for endless entertainment!
Until next time...









Have you heard of Puddle Jumpers? They are swimmies with a band across the chest, and they are certified the same as a life jacket! MUCH more comfy!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's the first I've ever heard of them being certified the same! I'm definitely looking into that. I haven't ever seen them below 30 pounds though, if we are thinking of the same thing...
DeleteSuch fun! Jed has a puddle jumper and he loves it in the pool - but on the boat I make him wear the one that keeps his head above water. I'm too nervous!
ReplyDelete