Friday, May 4, 2012

Our Littlest Man Turned One

AHHHHHH!  One more post of some pics I took for Grant's one year, and I will be finished catching up.  :)  This blog sure was a lot easier to keep caught up a little over a year ago!

First things first, he had a sock monkey party.  I loved the red and white polka dots, and I was absolutely in love with his cake.  A friend of mine does cakes, and when I decided on a theme, I knew I had to see if she could put glasses on the monkey.  And she did!  I was in love!  She made it to match his blue Miraflex frames.  :)

I'll also add that Grant got sick this week.  My family was already coming no matter what, and I didn't want to make them come again for a party.  So we stuck with it.  I had to call lots of friends, and they did what I would have done....stayed away.  :)  More than 40 people had to change their schedules around for that day.  I can't wait for everyone to be able to celebrate with us next year.  Oh wait, yes I can.  My babies are growing up entirely too fast.  And I must say, number two goes by even quicker than number one did.

The little boy you see is a dear friend of ours.  They braved the sickness, and luckily they didn't catch it!

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking now.

Oh, one more thing.  I made Grant's hat and their shirts.  Seeing this really makes me want to make something! :)


We started off by skyping with my brother (something that hasn't really happened since then), and he had some gifts for the boys.



















4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Big Boy Grant!!!

    Love the play n scoot pirate ship! We have a pirate ship but NOT one you can ride... awesome!!! Would love to see a pic of the lil pirate steering his ship! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I love the little glasses on the monky on the cake.

    Happy Birthday Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute!! The shirts turned out great! And I LOVE the cake (especially the glasses) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday little guy. The cake is great!

    ReplyDelete