This year for Easter, we headed to Florida to see my parents. It was a great weekend, and I always leave wishing we could see them more. We went on Thursday night, and my parents kept the boys so Wayne and I could head to Tallahassee to see a friend of mine, Katie, who had a baby. Well, she had her four months before, but I was so excited to FINALLY get to see her! Katie is my oldest friend that I have kept up with over the years. She holds a special place in my heart. We have always seen each other's babies within the first week of them being born, and I felt terrible that it took us so long to get there. She has always lived in Opelika with our previous babies, and it took us a little longer to get to Tallahassee! I promise we will do better next time Katie.

I can't even count the number of pictures we have over the years just like this. It would be fun to round them all up for a post. :)

While I was there I also snapped a few pictures of Maclain for her. Is she not a doll????
Saturday we headed to the beach! One of the many advantages of your parents living within 30 minutes of Pensacola Beach! Nana and Pappy treated us to Sweet Frogs when we headed out. I'm quite sure this will be our happenin' place. It's frozen yogurt, and it's delicious. :)

The exposure on these pics are off, but it was so bright I couldn't see the screen on my camera to see what it was set on!
This kid LOVES the beach. He keeps asking to go to Nana and Pappy's and go to the beach!!!
He was ok when we got there, but when we went down to the water, he did this when I tried to put him down. ;)
One day I'm going to devote an entire post on how awesome of a daddy this man is. I stand amazed that God would give him to me.
I knew the water would be freezing, so I didn't even think about bringing swimsuits. It didn't take long for this to happen, and that was all she wrote. We couldn't keep him out. Every time I think I don't have to take a spare outfit for this kid he proves me wrong. I wish to goodness that I had of taken a picture when we left of him in Grant's outfit. It literally fit.
Wayne accuses me of "sissifying" his boys. Jacob cannot stand to have his hands dirty!
Do you know who comes to visit on Easter morning? The Easter Bunny of course. It was funny because Jacob didn't want him to come. We've never made a big deal about the Easter Bunny. Never even went to see him. I feel Easter is commercialized enough. With that being said, it's still fun to do a little something for your kids. Jacob changed his mind about the Easter Bunny come Sunday morning.
Nanny and Pappy's house wears me out!
And of course, some annual Easter pictures after church.
This could be my favorite picture ever of Jacob. I know he's mine, but gosh that kid is gorgeous.
Of course, family pictures never seem to work out.
Notice I got my hair cut off? 6 INCHES. I thought I was going to die, but I love it!! I can be dressed and ready in no time flat these days!
And finally, we had a little Easter egg hunt before we left. What a fabulous weekend celebrating our risen Savior!!
Poor buddy. He got his first of many skint knees. I swear, my boys' knees always look like this!
Sorry for the insane amount of pictures. Maybe I should start doing some collages... I'm just afraid I would never post then because collages = more time! :)





























I LOVE the boys' crab shirts!! Where did you find them? Maddox is going to need one for Summer! :) Thanks, again, for coming to see us!!!
ReplyDeleteI got them at a huge craft show here called Cottontails. You'll have to come with me next year. They also have one at Christmas called Christmas Village.
DeleteYour pics are gorgeous. Both your boys have such beautiful eyes. They seem to smile with their eyes and their whole faces! And no worries - my son's knees are always skinned! Just part of being a little boy.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! They definitely have my heart! They get the eye thing from their dad. The day I met him, I fell in love with his eyes! They all have these insane long eye lashes!!
Delete