*I started this on Mother's Day, and I'm just now getting it posted! :)
Mother's Day is one of my absolute favorite days of the year. I can remember only dreaming of having my own children to celebrate this precious day with, and now I have two arms full! Being a mom is the best thing in this world. My two boys and their daddy mean more to me than I could ever say. What a life full of blessings the Lord has given me.
My Dearest, Sweet Jacob,
When your daddy and I got married we weren't so sure it was going to be a quick process to be able to have a baby. You can imagine our surprise when we discovered after just 5 short months of marriage we had our first bundle of joy on the way. And that bundle was you!! I can remember the day I found out like it was yesterday. I literally fell on my knees in our hallway in complete shock thanking Jesus for blessing us so. I then waited in the kitchen for your daddy to get home so I could tell him in person our wonderful news. We literally laughed until we cried (good tears of course) right in the middle of our kitchen! Then we hurried to tell both sets of parents! There was no way we could keep this wonderful news to ourselves!
Before long, you were here. We began caring for you and loving you more and more with each passing day. To this day, I'm amazed that the Lord chose us to be your parents. You have one of the kindest hearts of a wild little boy that I know. You always want to make sure "brudder" is OK, and anyone else who is upset too. For two years straight you barely wanted anything to do with anyone except mommy, and out of nowhere you were attached to your daddy at the hip. That is still the case. :)
I love how you show love. You will hug and kiss all day. You will randomly tell us how much you love us. You'll say, "Hey Mama, you know what? I yuv you." You will not know until you have your own children just how much that means to me.
You are constantly in discussion about Jesus. You tell me how he's your best friend, and you talk about him on a frequent basis. This warms my heart.
You are getting to be such a big boy these days. We went from hearing you talk about "fefants" all the time, to now you are saying "elephants." Is is wrong that I corrected you the other day and said, "No, baby. It's fefant." After just a few short seconds I knew that was probably not the best thing to teach you. Fortunately, you knew I was kidding, and you flashed me a great big smile.
Jacob, I could go on and on and tell you of stories of what your life is like right now. I love you more than words could ever say. I will always be grateful to you because you are the one who originally made me a mother. I pray that life is good to you. I pray that you always come to your daddy and I for anything. And I pray that you meet Jesus, and learn quickly just how much He loves you. I assure you. He's the only one who loves you more than mommy does. Thank you for blessing me this wonderful Mother's Day!
I love you,
Mama
My Sweet Baby Grant,
Again, I can remember the day we found out you were heading our way. And again, I think it was the shock of my life. I couldn't believe the Lord was blessing us with another little blessing.
Little did I know that day, but I was about to give birth to my little hero. When we found our about your cataracts I was in such disbelief. My little two month old baby was about to face something extremely scary, and there was nothing I could do about it. Scratch that. I could pray. And pray I did. I fell on my knees for you time and time again. I knew the Lord would bring you through it and give you sight. And that's just what He did. It's still quite the journey that is far from being over, but you keep trucking on. You take whatever is done to you and your eyes, and you deal with it as well as any 15 month old could. Actually, better than this twenty eight year old could. You amaze me with the amount of strength your little body and mind has. I'm so blessed to be your mama.
I love watching you smile. You almost always crinkle up your little nose and show us your mouth full of teeth! You even occasionally let a snort or two out.
You love your brother. You chase him around and tackle him more times than I could count in one day. All the while, laughing while doing so! You might be little, but you sure are mighty! :)
You are definitely a mama's boy. I just about have to leave the room for someone else to hold you.....and I'm OK with that. You are getting to the point where you are starting to see just how great your daddy is.
I know too well how quickly time passes. Before I know it you will be your brother's age. I'm going to miss this little Grant. The feel of your soft skin and your baby scent. The snuggles you give so freely. Oh how I love you sweet, sweet boy. Your daddy and your brother are pretty crazy about you too. ;)
Now, exactly like I told your brother. I pray that life is good to you. I pray that you always come to your
daddy and I for anything. And I pray that you meet Jesus, and learn
quickly just how much He loves you. I assure you. He's the only one
who loves you more than mommy does. Thank you for blessing me this
wonderful Mother's Day!
I love you,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment