Actually, Grant turned 3 months a month ago (and hopefully I'll show a 4 month picture soon), but such is life right now.
Boy, we have been through the ringer in the last 4 months. And I'm not just talking about his eyes. He has been extremely fussy since he was born. Having already had one baby with colic, we assumed that was the problem. Now, he's four months old, too old for colic, and so much worse. We have literally been in some type of doctor's office 2-3 times a week for the last 2 months. He's being treated for reflux currently. He was put on Zantac on a Friday. That Sunday we were admitted to the hospital.
They changed him to a Prevacid compound, and it seemed to have worked. Within 24 hours of being home we were back to where we started. I wish you could see him. I've NEVER seen a baby scream like this. It's awful. I've shed more tears than I could describe. We've had to leave restaurants, stores, and have found ourselves almost confined to home. I change his clothes (and whoever is holding him) at least 5 times a day because he is soaked. He will start these screaming spells, and he will scream until he vomits (and it's HOT). He usually calms down a little then. I've been told so many times that he was a fussy baby. I had FIFTEEN doctors look at him in the ER. They wouldn't tell me nothing was wrong, but they couldn't tell me what. They listened to him cry for 5 hours. That day he literally cried for 12 hours straight. :( Not only is this hard for him and us, but we have a two year old that this isn't fair for either.
I hope it's just reflux. I hope he is put on the right medicine soon. We have a GI appointment tomorrow and an appointment with our pediatrician after that (not to mention our PO appointment Tuesday!!!). We're praying for some answers this week. There have been talks of an Upper GI, and I honestly almost hope they do. We've GOT to figure out what's going on. We'd appreciate your prayers once again. I'm scared. He obviously had a gene messed up with his eyes, and I'm terrified there is something serious we aren't catching. I'm just praying against that. One thing's for sure. I'm thankful I was already a stay at home mom. He would have been kicked out of daycare by now. I'm serious. :(



We are continuing to pray for you guys. I pray that Grant doesn't have anything more serious going on. You guys are awesome parents and I know both boys feel all the love you have for them even when you don't think they do. Praying for strength and encouragement for your entire family!!
ReplyDelete