Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adoption Diaries Part Two

After Jacob came Grant.  Two years and four months later.


I cannot begin to tell you the joy that these two precious boys have brought us.  I love being a boy mom, and watching them grow and learn is like witnessing a miracle every day.  Pure love.  That's what we feel for them.

While we are enjoying being a family of four...



.....others in our church one by one are committing to rescue an orphan and give them a forever family.

Each time I hear something new or Br. Kevin mentions orphans in his sermons I am brought to tears.  There have been moments where it was almost more than I could take.  All the while, we are trying to figure out if we are even going to have another child.  It makes more sense for us to be a family of four.  We were just about to the conclusion to stay that way.

For the last several months, I could feel The Lord stirring in me.  Finally one Sunday I told Wayne that I felt like The Lord was wanting something from us.  I didn't know what it was, but I had this undeniable feeling that He wanted something from our family.  Neither one of us knew what this meant (and I never would have guessed it was adoption!), but we would know soon enough.

On April 14th, 2013 our lives were changed forever.  (This date is kindof ironic because it was the anniversary of Grant's sight.)

We got an email from our pastor saying that an orphan choir, His Little Feet, would at the last minute be able to come to our church on Sunday for the morning service.  I didn't know a lot about them.  At the time, I was in Louisiana seeing my sister off on her deployment, so I didn't even get the chance to check them out much before Sunday.



Sunday comes, and the entire way to church Wayne was offering to stay in the nursery for me so I could go out and hear the choir - he later tells me that he was trying anything and everything to not be in that service.  The Lord was working on him already.  Thankfully, and surprisingly, all of the nursery slots were filled and we were both in the service early.

As we listen to the stories of these precious children, I sobbed.  Again, I knew The Lord wanted us to do something, but my sweet husband didn't know that yet.  I look up at him and I notice tears in his eyes.

After a very emotional service, the first thing he says when we get in the car is "So how much is it gonna cost for us to go to China?"

The Lord got a hold of him that day, and although we are only four days in, it has been so emotional and trying.  We've prayed a lot, talked to our pastor, sought out scripture, and prayed some more.  One thing has been constant.  God's saying, "Go."  It's not the easiest thing to do.  Although I've wanted this and felt called to this for 14 years, when it got real, I got scared.  As Wayne keeps telling me, "God wants us to be uncomfortable for Him.."  He didn't save us to be comfortable.  This is going to change our family for forever.  The more we look into it and pray over it, we truly believe it's going to change all four five of us for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Your faith in the Lord is truly inspiring. I'll be following your journey from afar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! So excited for you my blogging friend :)

    ReplyDelete