We had a plan on how to tell them if we ever got pregnant again, but this was a little different. Our planned picture didn't quite fit for adoption. So, Wayne told me to make a slide show. I wish to goodness I could share it with you, but when I tried to upload it to Facebook, it took it down immediately because I have copyrighted images in it. (OOPS!) It was made of several images of orphanages in China and statistics. At the end this question came across the screen:
Does anybody care?
Then we explained that we did, and our family of four would become five in the pursuit of a little Chinese girl. There has been lots of tears, and more support than I could have imagined. Both sides of our family are constantly thinking of fundraisers and names for our baby girl. As of right now, Papa Don is really shooting for us to name her "Donelle" ....... I don't think so. :-)
It has been a very emotional month with lots of ups and downs already. We are currently waiting to hear from China on something that will effect the rest of this journey. As I know more, I will go into detail, but we could really use your prayers right now.


My deepest wish is that your dreams of an extended family come true. If there were more people like you in the world, then the world would be a much more beautiful place than it is now. Best wishes form afar
ReplyDeleteHow neat! I want to adopt. Hoping my husband will jump on board at some point. Just need to keep praying at this point, I guess :)
ReplyDelete