I was looking through our old pictures, and honestly got choked up. Time is passing so fast. I'm going to try and achieve the impossible by sharing the last 5 1/2 years of our life through one single blog post. Don't worry, I'm just hitting the highlights!
We've been through so much together. From dating and engagement, to the "I do's"...
Honeymoon...
Our first Christmas...
Having the biggest surprise of our life when finding out we were expecting the most precious miracle!
(Did I mention I was pregnant 2 out of 4 anniversaries thus far?)
And falling completely in love with him as soon as he arrived.
And then even more so as we watched him grow.
We've celebrated Christmases.
And before we knew it, our "biggest surprise of our life" as stated earlier was topped by an even bigger surprise ... Baby #2!!! The greatest unexpected gift is to find out you are expecting the greatest gift God has to offer. Oh I wish money wasn't a factor. We would have too many. How fun it was watching Jacob's amazement as Mommy's belly grew. Maybe we can see that one more time one day. Only time will tell!
And before we knew it, we were taking our last picture as a family of three.
And sweet baby brother arrived shortly after.
And shortly after, we were faced with the biggest heartache we could have imagined at this point.
But God is so good. He restored our precious baby's sight...and seeing him see. Well, that might be the greatest blessing we have received yet!
Watching our boys genuinely love each other is just wonderful. Jacob loves Grant. And Grant, well, he smiles and coos at brother while he spits at Mommy and Daddy! ;)
Nothing is better right now in life than this sweet family of four.
I asked Wayne the other day if he ever would have thought five years ago while we were dating that within four years of marriage we would be a family of four. His response? "Not a chance, but I wouldn't change it for the world." Me either Sweetheart, me either.
Wayne, thank you for marrying me. I hope we get to celebrate our life together for at least 75 more years! ;) We've already experienced so many emotions that come with sharing your life with someone, and they've all made us stronger in the end. I love you.



















No comments:
Post a Comment