Before we could make it to here...
We went to spend a couple of nights with Pappy and Nanny so we could be there for the first Sunday at their NEW CHURCH (Check it out. You can also hear Dad's sermons. His sermon for the 4th was the best I've ever heard!)
I won't bore you with all the details as to why we were so late leaving (let's just say we spent forever in Buy Buy Baby trying to research anything else we could try to get our littlest man to eat!), but we were much later leaving than planned. After we were about an hour down the road, it was time for Grant's last bottle. Since we were having to pull over, we decided to change diapers and put the kiddos in their pajamas so we could slip them into bed when we got there. After I finished Grant's bottle and started working on him getting dressed a light bulb went off. We forgot one of Gran't reflux meds. I couldn't believe it. We had to go all the way home to get it! We didn't make it to my parent's house until 3 AM. Let me tell you. It's been a LONG time since we saw that time (without having already been asleep), and we were struggling! I was so glad to start seeing the signs to Pace!
We had big plans for the next day. To start the day off, Pappy and Nanny were keeping Grant so Daddy and Mommy could take Jacob to do this...
Cars 2 will forever be marked in our minds as Jacob's very first trip to the movies! He did wonderful. The only time he moved was when he was putting popcorn or "pepper" (Sprite) in his mouth. It was nice being able to just focus and love on him for a few hours.
Jacob was excited to get back "home". He didn't know what, but he knew Pappy and Nanny had some surprises for him when we got back. :)
Sweet Daddy tended to Grant for a little while...
And Jacob was introduced to this...
He loved it! At first he was just walking down it, but he got more and more brave as time went on. Before he could really get use to it, Pappy pulled out these...
They chased each other around the yard for the longest! This kid had a blast. Before we knew it, he convinced Pappy and Daddy to join in with the slip 'n slide fun. I must admit. I was pretty impressed. It looked painful to me!
(((I had a video to post here of all of them sliding, but I think it's on my parent's camera. I'll try to get it on here soon!)))
After all the fun had been had, it was definitely time for a bubble bath!
Wayne's parents came to the beach that weekend specifically to come to my dad's church for the first Sunday - yes, our parents really do love each other that much. And yes, we are very blessed by that. My parents shared this picture with us all. They found it while they were moving. For a while now I've thought Jacob looked like Wayne more so than me, but I might be rethinking that now.
After lunch, the men went to play golf and the women went to the beach. What a blast it was, and we were only half way through. I'll be back soon with Part Two!










No comments:
Post a Comment