Friday, July 8, 2011

A Day in the Life

Our poor little man. He lives at the doctor, so it seems. For example, week after next, he has THREE check ups in two days! I don't think he's too happy about it.

3

We had to head to the pediatrician today for something other than a check up. He's had a low grade fever for a week now, and I kept putting it off because he's seriously teething. It seemed to be worse, so I finally caved and went. And wouldn't you know it, his ears looked great! He has THREE teeth coming through, one of which is his top "fang." Doc said it's unusual for the "fangs" to come in first, but when it does happen, it's awful. (He didn't have to tell me that!) I was worried he might be starting his "spells" again, but thankfully it doesn't seem so (which by the way, a couple of his docs are thinking it might be migraines. Never knew a baby could have migraines. There's nothing they can do for it, so we are letting that ship sink! He really is doing a lot better!) With all of this going on at the doctor, don't forget I had this guy with me...

3

And if "brother" is getting checked out (or anything for that matter), Jacob wants the same thing done to him! So, Dr. Walley is always so sweet to listen to his belly and back just for kicks and giggles. Well, today he peeks in Jacob's ear - and I could immediately tell it hurt him. He was floored. He said it was the worst ear infection he had seen all week, and he has them in both ears!! This kid has not shown any signs whatsoever (which according to Dr. Walley sometimes happens at this age) of an infection. He's acted completely normal, no fever, nothing. He has said lately that his mouth hurt, and we were talking about taking him to the dentist, but nothing, I repeat, nothing with his ears. Poor thing. It broke my heart and made me feel terrible! Thankfully we were there, and Doc says he will check Jacob's ears from now on when Grant comes! :)

We then headed out to meet Daddy for lunch, and then I had some things to pick up at Hobby Lobby. Well, I should tell you that Jacob is in undies when we are at home. He still has the occasional accident so I try to put a pull up on him when we leave. As we were checking out, he decided he wanted to go to the bathroom. First public bathroom experience with a two year old = GROSS!!!! I was trying so hard to figure out how we were going to do this the least nasty way possible (I'm a germaphobe!) because this kid is independent and he touches EVERYTHING when he crawls up on the toilet. I finally convinced him it would be fun to stand on the toilet with mommy holding him (brother was behind us with the door open in his stroller), and boy did we get some giggles from passerby's! At this point, I literally thanked the good Lord above for knowing exactly what I needed as a mother, and that was BOYS! :)

Our final errand was Babies R Us. I had several things to pick up today. The boys rode in the buggy, which meant Grant's carrier was up front making it hard to see Jacob directly. After being in the store for several minutes I noticed I wasn't hearing much out of Jacob. Low and behold, he had gotten the diaper ointment out of the bag and was rubbing it on his FACE!!! (We just got back from the beach, remember.) So, I'm running to the bathroom, with Grant screaming, to get diaper ointment off my nearly three year old's face. What a day.

Now that we are safely home, Jacob is literally asleep screaming, "NOOOO!!! That water!" Poor child. I think he thinks we are still at the beach. I mean, he did put "sunscreen" on his face today!

After all of this, my main goal for today was not met. I have yet to get groceries! I might not meet all my daily goals or get everything done that I should, but I am loving this time in life! Nothing compares to being a mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE GETTING GROCERIES!!!! Sadly it is a necessity. I went today along with twenty other errands. Austin screamed all the way through the store. He was patched with his glasses on that has the wrong prescription. So I don't blame him at all. :) But my, you should have seen the looks we got.

    ReplyDelete