Aye yi yi. The title of the previous post was supposed to be "Wrestling God." I also had many typos. :) You should never write a blog post when you are sleep deprived, yet here I am again. There are a few things I left out in that post. I want to be sure we remember as much of this as possible.
While I was "wrestling God" I kept asking Wayne how he was so confident we should move forward. He told me he felt like God was saying over and over, "Trust me. Trust me." He also reminded me several times that this was the exact reason we were naming her Faith. We knew when we started this journey that it would likely be the biggest thing we ever stepped out on faith to do. And God had already moved so many mountains for her to be ours.
The other defining moment for me was when I took away the piece of paper and the photos, and I remembered there was a child behind them. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt if someone was knocking on our door and handed me this child to care for and love there was no way I could turn my back on her.
About two hours after I told Wayne that I surrendered to what God was so obviously telling us to do, he was paying some of our monthly bills. I noticed him on the phone outside with the boys while I was doing some laundry. A few minutes later he comes in and says, "You're not going to believe this. Between our phone and house payment, they just came down 70+ bucks a month." We truly believe that was just one more confirmation from The Lord.
Here's to trusting HIM!


No comments:
Post a Comment