My sweet in laws loves headed this one up for us! The day we told them we wanted to adopt, my father in love jumped on board with wanting to do a fishing tournament. They got flyers out everywhere. I was like a deer in head lights for this one. I have never fished a tournament, so I definitely didn't know what to do! Thankfully my husband and his parents have fished one or two. ;)
We had 22 boats, and 44 fishermen. Most everyone there we didn't even know.
We had the opportunity to share a little of our story, and our passion for orphan care. It was such a blessing.
As for the winnings? The winners walked away with a pretty penny. First place was $600!! We had several ask us to do more, and I'm quite certain we will! We actually ended up having enough door prizes for everyone who was there to walk away with something. Our community donated so much for door prizes, from sporting goods to restaurant gift cards.
I couldn't help but think of a sweet little girl in China throughout the day. She has a family (that she probably doesn't even know about yet!) across the world that absolutely cannot wait to bring her home.
And speaking of the process, we had our first homestudy visit this week. It went great! She even helped us come up with a plan to get our homestudy done as quickly as possible. We discussed Faith's medical needs, and if we aren't able to get the process expedited we wanted to know we could do everything on our end as quickly as possible.
And can I please brag on our Lord for a minute?? Two days before our homestudy visit we received a check in the mail (that was VERY UNEXPECTED) that was the exact amount of our ENTIRE HOMESTUDY!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!
And a quick little note on a raffle we have going on. This drawing was donated by a dear friend of ours for the adoption. It is beautiful! We are selling 1 ticket for $2 or 3 tickets for $5. We sold quite a few at the tournament, and we are planning on doing the drawing at the beginning of football season.
Until the next tournament....









Laurie, this is Mollie, the MIL! LOL You can call me at 205/966-9482 about the raffle tickets or shoot me an email to mpeoples@dfhlaw.com and I can get those to you. Thanks so much!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, we are having another fishing tournament this Saturday at Franklin Ferry again!