Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Grant's Eyes - Another Update

I realized recently that I never caught anyone up on Grant's January eye appointment.  I guess the reason is because it went pretty well!  No glaucoma (I think all of us cataract mommies - you know, all 1 in 10,000 of us - will forever be worried about that one!), no change of prescription, patching is doing some good.  It's not fixed like it did last time, but we didn't have to increase the time he's patched.  It's still 2-4 hours a day.  We normally do 4, but if it's a busy day where we are out and about a lot we will do 2.  


At first, I hated the Miraflex glasses (the blue ones) on him.  Now they have become our best friend.  After going sometimes daily to get his cute little professor glasses adjusted, I learned to love the Miraflex.  Those boogers are indestructible!  If only the lenses were.  Anybody else have a little one that uses their glasses for a teether???  :)


I'm so thankful for all of our Little Four Eyes "friends."  It sure does help knowing you're not alone!  God bless you all on your own journey for healthy vision!  Few people understand what all our little ones have to go through.


I'll update again when we go to the doctor for our check up in two weeks.  Hoping for another great visit!  Although he did warn us this last time to get ready, his prescription is about to start changing constantly!  Oh boy!  :)


I'll leave you with an updated picture.  Gosh.  He's just so darn cute.







4 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to hear this report! He's is absolutely adorable and I love his lil haircut! ;)

    Hey do I remember a little while back you mentioning possibly having to use contacts? What happened to that... obviously glasses are easier, so I'm just happy to see things are working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so very cute! And hurray for no glaucoma! All of us cataract mommies do worry - and we rejoice with you for another great check up! Julia wears a contact, so no chewing on glasses yet. But I bet he is cute when he does it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His vision is developing great! Thankfully it seems like the constant taking off of the glasses was a phase. He doesn't do that as much anymore. Our PO likes for the bilateral cases to be around 3 before they swap. He doesn't push that. He constantly leaves it up to me, but he says at that age they can really appreciate the difference that they make. He says now it would just be an unnecessary battle if we don't have to face it. So, we press on! :) And gosh, I would really miss his specs! :)

    ReplyDelete