As we were coming into 2014, I was reflecting on life. Life is so, so very good. It's such a precious gift. I never want to take that gift for granted. I'm afraid in 2013, I did take much for granted. 2013 was a tough year for me emotionally. Just when I think all the pieces were starting to fall together for this calling The Lord has put on our hearts, they fell apart. And I didn't handle it very well. So, in 2014, in any and all circumstances I will strive to choose joy.
When you make the decision to "choose joy," you are really committing yourself to finding joy. One of the ways I want to do that in 2014 is to find joy in the simple things. You know, I feel like in today's world people think their kids are going to be the happiest with the most money being thrown at them. I don't agree with that. Kids are the happiest when you invest time in them. This Sunday, we were really tempted to take a nap after a delicious lunch at my in laws. Instead, we decided to make the most of the day, and go explore the woods. The boys had an absolute blast. Moments like these are the ones we will remember.
Another part of "choosing joy" is to find joy outside of the chaos. Let me explain. When I do my job as a wife and mother, and create a home that we can enjoy being in, I find joy. When I slack off, everyone becomes frustrated. Who likes looking at toys all over the house? Or wondering if a certain outfit is clean? Or searching for socks in the laundry pile? Well, I don't. (And neither does Wayne for that matter. :)) When I am on top of things the home runs smoother, and it makes it easier to find that joy we are searching for. It's hard to find joy in the middle of chaos. :)
And lastly, the greatest place to find joy is to spend time with The Father. When I fully surrender my life to Him and seek His will for my life, I'm filled with joy like no other. When my spiritual life is slacking, it shows in my attitude. One of the things He is revealing to us is that we need complete, life surrendering faith in Him. Sometimes things that seem impossible (or not even that fun) can be the very thing that He uses to bring fulfillment in His callings on our lives.
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Pslam 16:11
Until next time....









This is absolutely beautiful, Crystal.
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely beautiful, Crystal.
ReplyDelete