Truth be told, the Lord's been teaching me a lot on contentment the last few months. This is something I've always struggled with. Always ready for the next thing. For example, when we bought our house, I was completely in love and thought it was the grandest thing ever. Over the last year I've found myself ready to move on (space is really our main issue.) It's just not possible now. The market dropping has hurt us bad. I would find myself looking at all of these design blogs, and long for a new house. So much so that I had to stop looking at them for a while. I can now go and view occasionally with a different mindset. The Lord has truly blessed us so much. We have everything we need and so much of what we want. And I've fallen in love with our house again. There was one point a few months ago where we almost moved, and when it got real I got emotional. It all fell through, and here we are! :) Just trying to make the best of what we have. I've heard it said that a "man's house is a woman's castle." That is so true for us. As long as it's picked up, Wayne is good. I on the other hand get the biggest kick out of redoing stuff. One day it will be just like I want it.
Over the last several months we've made small changes to every room in our house except the bath. I will have to get pics up sometime, but I wanted to share some things I've found on Pinterest that I really want to try to do. Some are more realistic, very inexpensive, and some might be a little bit of a dream. With all of that being said, let's begin...
I'll start with the boys' room. They have a combined room now that is almost finished. They have white curtains, and I would love to add stars like these to them in gray.

And I want to do something like this. I already have the stuff, I've just gotta get it done. :)

source
And I've got to come up with something for a headboard for Jacob. I thought about doing a shelf like this.

The spare bedroom is currently a play room, but it really hasn't been working well for us. It's always a mess, and we really need somewhere for company, considering someone in my family usually comes to see us around once a month. I want them to be comfortable when they are here. I will probably paint it a gray like the boys room now. I'm also going to remove a lot of the stuff in there and try to combine these ideas. A seating area that is actually a full bed...

As far as the bathroom goes, I really think I want a white curtain. I'm thinking of maybe walls this color.

We got new living room furniture. It's actually my parent's "old" furniture (it's not really old!), but it's new to us! We are trying to make it our own, and I'm thinking I want to add some white throw pillows to it, paint some tables white, and add two gallery walls with white frames on both sides of the entertainment armoire. Like these...

And the kitchen, oh the kitchen!!! We have needed to do an overhaul on it for 5 1/2 years, and we haven't gotten it done yet. I'm finally learning to work on one room until it's like you want it and then move to another. We have lots of things to do to that kitchen! Here's some ideas....
I want to get our cabinets painted white. I also have table, chairs, and a china hutch to paint. This one is gorgeous.
And our room is almost done. We've got to get new curtains, and I want a huge gallery wall on a long empty wall that we have in that room. I want this one done on shelves...

Who doesn't love a great laundry room??? Ours' currently doesn't even have sheet rock. :)

And last but definitely not least. What I wouldn't give for an outdoor overhaul! LOVE these colors!!

Now, please know that once we get started on all of these projects, it will take us forever to finish. We have lived here for 5 1/2 years already, remember!? And I can't stress enough how such things have no eternal value. I enjoy making our house a home, and I love to be able to be proud of it. BUT it really doesn't matter. We are so blessed to have a home, clothes, food, and all of our necessities (plus many of the things we want).
And finally, Wayne, if you are reading this....thank you for always following along with my crazy ideas!


No comments:
Post a Comment