Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What A Day

Sorry I've been away.  Our littlest man had tubes put in today.  Considering what we've been through, this was a piece of cake.  :)  He has already felt so much better today.  Wrestling around with his brother and all!

When we left from surgery, we had to run by the eye doc.  I ran in to get a new patch.  Since he got new glasses (yes again) they have a coating on them that will not allow his clear patching to stick.  Let me tell you eye moms about this coating.  It was $150 extra.  I know it included anti glare, but there was also something else I don't remember.  Anyway, the reason it was worth it is because it has a 2 year warranty that you can replace the lenses as many times as needed as long as the prescription doesn't change.  I know his prescription will change many times in two years, but we've been going through lenses like crazy.  I HATE for them to be scratched, and now no matter what the optician says (about them not needing to be replaced) we can send them in for FAHREE and get new non scratched lenses.  I'm a happy mommy.  Especially since Grant still likes to teethe on his.

Now, back to the patches.  We got this one.  I mean, if you have to patch, why not be a pirate??  Big brother LOVES it!


We got some of the adhesive ones too, but thankfully he's doing pretty good with this one!  :)   

5 comments:

  1. I love the new patch. It is very cute. I will talk to the optical shop about the coating and the warranty. Sounds like a deal we need. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh he's such a cutie, I like the pirate patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the pirate patch!!! Thanks for the info... I also will look into the coating (and for the pirate patch!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia doesn't have glasses (yet) but we will definitely ask about the coating when we get some. I love the patch! The felt ones have to be more comfortable for kids than the adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me more about the felt patch. Does it slip? I was told the felt allow them to peek at the corner of their eyes. My little guy is 14 mths and patching is our tough tough days. Thank you!
    If needed my email is dayshab@cox.net and my blog is www.behymerbusiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete