Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow and Bronchitis

For those of you who do not know, Jacob has been congested for a month now. I have called the doctor's office several times, and they always say that all we can do is saline drops, suction and a humidifier. All of which we have been doing religiously. In the last couple of days, I could tell it was moving to his chest. So, we went to the weekend clinic and he has a touch of bronchitis. Now that he has bronchitis, he's on antibiotics. Man, this frustrates me so bad. I wish there was something to do for it before it gets bad. If you just looked at him and couldn't hear him breathing and coughing, you'd never know he was sick. He's such a good and happy baby. Have no fear to the moms out there whose babies have been around him, he is not contagious. I figured I might better throw that out there because I know I would be nervous!

As everyone knows, and has experienced this morning...IT SNOWED IN ALABAMA!!! Here are a few pics around our house.
We had to snap this real fast so we could get him back in, but we had to take a picture of him the first time he saw snow! Plus, it's a little blurry because the snow was falling so hard.

Daddy making "Jacob" a snowman!

Wayne gave "Jacob's" snowman a mohawk!

Now, it's time to snuggle up with a blanket and a cup of hot coffee! I hope everyone enjoyed the snow as much as we did!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Jacob got to see his first snow! I hope he gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he starts to feel better. Maybe the antibiotics did or will do the trick! He's so precious. I love reading your posts...I so want to be a stay at home mommy one day, and your posts give me a touch of the "realities" (as well as the wonders) of stay-at-hom-mommy-dom! Maybe I won't be in such shock one day when everyday with children is not the "comercial life" everyone pictures in their head before having children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, thank you so much! I cannot wait until it's time for y'all to have a little one! I know he or she will be precious! Happening any time soon??? I do want to tell you one thing...being a Mommy is NOTHING like you could ever expect! It's SOOOOO much more! I cannot even describe to you the love you will have for such a little person. Every thing about it is absolutely wonderful! I stand amazed every day that God has blessed me with such a wonderful husband, and us with such a precious little boy! I hope you get the privilege of being a stay at home mommy. It has taken sacrifices for us, but they are all worth it!!! It is truly an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete