Thursday, January 22, 2015

It Makes Me Wanna SHOUT

This morning was a morning to remember for our family.  Although everyone (but me - fingers crossed) has had the flu, we do not have another form or phone call to make this side of China!!!!  I want to literally shout it from the rooftop!  Her Visa approval finally came last night, and I finished the last form this morning.  And now we wait. 

 
 
We are so ready to be there with her.  I have especially had fun shopping for a GIRL!  :-)
 
As excited as we are, there is also a very anxious side to me right now.  We have no idea what we are really getting into.  We have no idea how our family will be four weeks from now, when we are hopefully home.  We have no idea how much of our time will be spent in the hospital.  We don't know how the boys will react.  They have been excited this entire process, but they are both extremely jealous of each other and we are throwing another one into the picture.  I already tear up when I think of leaving them for two weeks.  And finally, we have no idea what the cardiologist will say when he gets a good look at her.  We've heard the whole spectrum of what could happen, and part of that spectrum is quite heavy.  I have no idea why The Lord thought we could handle this.  Ha.  Nevermind.  He knew we couldn't.  But we know He can.

I've been watching several families go to China lately to get their sweet children.  It's a hard process.  Most people would think these kids would be so happy to get out of the orphanage, but most of the time the opposite is true.  Some strangers that look like nobody they've ever seen, smell like nobody they've smelled, talk like nobody they've heard are taking them away from everything they've ever known.  Put yourself in their shoes.  They're scared to death.  I would be as an adult!

When you remember to pray for her physical heart, please pray for all of our emotional hearts.  It will be quite the adjustment.  We are scheduled as of right now to leave February 6th, two weeks from tomorrow.  Please pray that everything goes smoothly so that can happen.  If we don't make it out by then,  we will for sure be stuck through the Chinese New Year holiday break.  If that happens, it will likely be nearly March before we can leave.  Thanks so much for the prayers!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment