We got up early and headed to the river for a morning of fishing! This was our first river fishing trip of the year, but there will (as usual) be many more. This is one of the things my boys love to do.
Jacob and Wayne went with Papa on the boat, and Gran and I took Grant down to the pier. This is the first year Grant has really understood what was going on. He kept saying, "I want fishin!" So, Granmollie tied a worm (a fake one, not a nasty real one) to the end of some fishing line (without a hook) and let him have at it!
I'm sure there couldn't have been a fish within a mile from us because he splashed that worm in the water over and over. He had so much fun!
I couldn't help but smile as I watched him. Blessed I tell ya. Purely blessed.
Gran kept warning me not to take her picture, but I think she would even have to agree that this one is the sweetest thing. She sure loves our boys.
Finally, brother came back and had to show us how it was really done. This kid can fish all by himself. Started doing everything but setting the hook last year. We are raisin' up some little rednecks. :)
Can't you tell he loves for me to take his picture?
We ate a quick lunch and headed out for tball pictures.
After pictures we had practice. And this guy....
Days like this I am reminded of why God made me a boy mom. I'm loving every single bit of it!












No comments:
Post a Comment