Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Christmas Part One (And it's nearly March...)

Geeze.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.  I know one day I'm really going to regret this blogging break I've been on, but it's been nice lately.  Much less time has been waisted spent on the internet.  Right now my boys are snoozing, and I thought it would be a good time to try and play catch up.  One day I plan on making this blog into yearly family books, and what's a family book without Christmas??

To start things off, we had a blast decorating the tree this year, as usual.  If you notice, we had one additional helper this year.  That's our niece, Evie.





We also started a new tradition this year.  We did the elf, but we did it a little different than most.  Wayne has never been a fan of the elf.  He has always thought it was one more way to commercialize Christmas (and isn't Christmas already commercialized enough!), until I saw this.  It incorporates Jesus with the elf, and starts teaching your children at a young age about grace.  It was quite a blast.  Jacob looked forward to seeing what his crazy elf, Eli, did each morning.  We would always have to take a picture and send it to daddy.  ;)



And if this little guy doesn't hold a huge chunk of my heart in his hands...  It is such a joy listening to him sing about Jesus!  He is still singing the Christmas songs our preschool choir sang at church!


Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  I'll try to be back sooner rather than later.  Lots to catch up on!!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't covered Christmas either....you got to it before me (if I do it:)

    ReplyDelete