Monday, April 25, 2011

Rewind

Over the last 4 weeks, our lives have been consumed with Grant's eyes, as one can imagine. Something very special happened the Sunday after we found out about Grant's eyes. We had already scheduled to dedicate the little man at my dad's church, and after finding out about his vision it seemed that much more appropriate to go ahead with it.

Wayne's parents went down and spent the weekend with us. We went to the Rattle Snake Rodeo (yes you read that right) where we saw snake races, a slippery pole contest, and blow ups galore for Jacob to bounce in! It really was a lot of fun. I only had our phones with us, so I didn't get any good pictures.

Quick side story (keep in mind this was just a few days after finding out about Grant's eyes): I saw this man carrying this baby around that had the cutest little sunglasses on. They looked just like the Miraflex ones we had just seen at the doctor's office. I just KNEW they were prescription. You can guess what I did. I'm the idiot who walked up to a complete stranger and asked if their 8 month old baby had prescription glasses on! You should have seen the look I got! I literally think he thought I lost my mind. I was still in shock mode, and I was determined to find someone who had gone through this. Since then, I have learned to accept this, and I promise I don't ask complete strangers if their babies in sunglasses have vision disorders!!!

Back to what this post was about. I wanted to snap a couple of 2 month pics of little man. We only got a couple before we quit. The only thing he could see was light, and I think the lights were scaring him. This first one was my sister comforting him, and I thought it was sweet. :)

8

9.1

9

1

On Sunday morning we had the dedication. Grant wore Jacob's Christening gown, and as you can imagine the entire thing was so emotional. We were all thinking of the surgeries the little guy was about to face.

3

4

5

6

7

Thinking of how scared we were at that moment, I'm so thankful we are now on this end of the surgeries. We had another great check up at the doctor today. He released Grant for an entire month!!! Over the last three weeks we have been at the doctor's office 2-3 times a week! Sure will be a nice break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment