But that's not what kind of wish list this is. This is a house wish list. Notice the words, WISH LIST. Not necessarily things that will all be bought in the near future! :)
Wayne and I bought our little house with plans of selling it and starting a family within two years of marriage! Ha! Well, PRAISE THE LORD, he had a way bigger and better plan for us! Within 5 months of marriage we were prego with sweet Jacob! (Have I mentioned before that I wasn't suppose to be able to get pregnant without fertility drugs....that's another story for another day. But let me tell you, God is BIG and GREAT!) So, our wonderful family began in our first home. Oh if these walls could talk. So many memories have been made here, and I have fallen in love with this house and the home we have made of it! When we were pregnant with Jacob we contemplated selling it and had a Realtor come and tell us what to list it for. She point blank told us the market was horrible, and we would be much better off in the long run if we waited to sell since we didn't have to. Since then we've been on a roller coaster ride of "should we sell, or should we wait." You would not believe the amount of time that has been spent talking about this. Don't believe me? Ask my mom. Whenever I bring it up now, she just laughs. I say all of this to bring me to my main point. One thing we know for sure is that we want our next house to be our forever home. I don't want to move ever again after that. So, the longer we stay at our first home, the better our forever home can be. So, we have decided (I think) to stay here for quite some time. Jacob will for sure start school at McAdory, so we will stay in the area when we do move....down life's road.
With that being said, we will do some major changes to our little house over the next few years. We've waited to do too much until we made the decision of what we were going to do. So, now we have lots of hopes and dreams for our home, and these are just a few! ;)
1.

Who doesn't love a white picket fence? As a little girl I dreamed of having a home with a little white picket fence. Since our back yard isn't fully fenced in (and we have two little kiddos), this dream could become a reality!
2.
Young House Love was one of the first decorating blogs I began to follow. One day they showcased part of this home on the blog, and their house is beautiful!!! I love how they did the walls in the master. I don't know where we would do this, but I love it!
3.
4.
We got new bedding that I love when we got married. Unfortunately, after nearly four years it's about worn out. I LOVE this Pottery Barn bedding. It matches our walls, and it should last longer!5.
Our largest/most expensive project will be adding a master bath! This is something we are both so ready for!! We may never want to move once we have two baths! If you've never lived in a one bathroom house, then you really can't appreciate this.6.
Haha! Don't ask me why this picture is so small! It's patio furniture that I'm hoping will go under our new screened in porch! This is probably the other thing I am most excited about! I'm hoping to make it feel like another room added to our house!7. I came across this today I don't know where in the world I would put it, but I love it!
Now, maybe I should go sell a kidney! Did I mention we also have 2 kids? Don't expect all of this any time soon, but hey, a girl can dream right? Now, off to do the laundry I've been putting off! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment