On Valentine's Day, we like to get lil man a lil something to let him know we love him! (Wayne and I have never really celebrated the holiday in the traditional ways. We try to go on dates throughout the year, and thankfully don't need a holiday as an excuse to go on one. Plus, we hate getting out when everyone in Birmingham is out!) So, anyway, here is lil man on Valentine's morning before getting ready for church.
When we got to church, I was highly anticipating a marriage sermon. In fact, I was REALLY looking forward to a mushy "Oh honey I love you so much, you are the man of my dreams" kind of sermon. That is not what we got. We got something so much better.
Br. Kevin has been preaching on the Beatitudes lately, and he stayed true to his series on this special day. Although he uses several scriptures throughout his teachings, the key verse today was Matthew 5:7 : "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." In the middle of the sermon, the Lord really spoke to me through him. I realized that I had not forgiven someone of something that happened long ago. In fact, I know it was from the Lord that I even thought of this event. I have thought for a very long time that I had forgiven, but through the sermon today I realized that was not so. And boy was I BROUGHT TO MY KNEES!! Literally. The Lord moved through me today in a way that I cannot even describe. In fact, the only word I have to even try to describe was tears. And I shed a lot of them. Talk about a Valentine's morning. And my dear husband. This is not something he would necessarily want me to share, because that is the type person he is, but he had his hand on my shoulder and his other lifted high. What a sight to behold! There is no better present than to see my precious husband praising the Lord. It was an absolute fantastic Valentine's Day sermon! I was reminded once again of how deeply I love this man! (Please note that I am in no way sharing this to brag or act "holier than thou" because I assure you I am not. The Lord can break even the most stubborn of hearts in his time. And I wanted to share with you the relief you can feel when you allow it to happen.)
On with our day. We headed to Gran and Papa's for our Sunday lunch, where we go every Sunday after church. For some reason, lately Jacob has had a fascination with her baby walker (she still has it out for my niece). In fact, he crawls in it, stands up straight, and picks it up on the sides to carry it while he walks. It is absolutely hilarious.
My sister in law showed up after a little while to introduce us to the newest addition to the Murphree family.
Needless to say, Jacob loved Miss Rosie. And he will have to love her from a distance. There will be no more puppies in this household any time soon. In fact, we will have a real life human baby before we will have another puppy. And THAT'S not coming anytime soon. At least not for another year!
I hope everyone had a blessed Valentine's Day. I know we did. I have the two most precious Valentines anyone could ask for!




No comments:
Post a Comment