I'll start with last Saturday (I know, a week late!). Jacob went swimming in a BIG pool for the first time! He has "swam" (or splashed) in his baby pool a few times this summer, but we have not been in a big pool yet. There is no reason behind this except we have been so busy, and we don't have one. BUT, my sister-in-law does! Here are a couple of pics of him in his new float! He had a blast! This kid loves water!!
You know how a picture really can tell the truth about something??? Well, Wayne and I had one tell a tale about us! WE HAVE GOT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!! I got Christy to take a picture of the three of us in the pool that day, and I was FLOORED at what I saw. I knew we had neither one (yes, Wayne gained weight with me!) lost all of our baby weight, but man....We look like totally different people than we did three years ago when we met! So, we started a diet this week. We are getting little man a jogger stroller, and if nothing else, we are going walking four days a week at least! We went night before last (had a softball game last night), and actually had a wonderful time! So, hopefully in a few months I can show how we look so much better! Please pray for us! Neither one of us has ever really had to diet, but now is definitely the time! :)
On to a totally different subject that I REALLY need some input on! Wayne has just recently realized (through a long series of events) that just anybody can read our blog. He's not too happy about this. Being the protector of our family that he is, he's concerned about our safety. :) On one hand, I think it's silly, but on the other I understand where he is coming from (we've had someone looking at our blog who really doesn't need to be....enough said). I don't really want to make it private because then barely anyone can read it. Being a blog stalker myself, I don't want to make it where it's hard to get to for our friends. So, I have thought about starting a completely new blog that doesn't have our names on it at all (how not fun is that!). It seems to be the only solution we can come up with. So, friends, what do you think? Is it necessary? Your input is appreciated. I will be sure to let Wayne read your thoughts! :)
Our little man, as I have stated numerous times before, is INTO EVERYTHING!!! Check out what his new favorite toy was for the day.
We seriously cannot turn our backs for one second or he has surfaced with something new!
Have I mentioned that he has learned to throw a FULL BLOWN TANTRUM?? Honestly, it's the funniest thing I have ever seen. I know in a few more months it will not seem funny at all, but I have got to get it on video so I can share it with you! He's truly spastic. Which, by the way, he is called "Spaz" around our house more than he is "Jacob". The JOYS of being a parent! There is always something new.
As we were walking earlier this week, I realized there was very little of the Eastern Valley area (where we live) that I had actually seen. I have actually decided that I like the area very much! It is definitely the old side of town, but there are truly some beautiful unique houses around here. After our walk, I decided the next day to ride around the other side of the neighborhood. I found lots more "hidden treasures" there! I came across a house that had painted their brick! I want to do this so bad, and Wayne is not so sure about it. Well, I have plans to walk that way next so he can see what I am talking about. :) We are definitely brain storming about everything we still want to do to our little rancher! Here is a little project I am working on this week...
Wayne's Pappaw built this years ago. Wayne's mom passed it to us, and I am painting it! It's amazing how different paint can make something look. After pics to come soon!
I guess it's time for me to head out. We've got a multi family yard sale at our house tomorrow. We do this once a year just to get rid of junk. I would tell my local friends to come, but I don't know that you should. I did say we were getting rid of junk. :)
Since this is the most random post ever, I'll end on this note. WE GO THROUGH SO MANY DANG DIAPERS!
Happy Friday Y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment