Friday, July 6, 2012
EYE Update :)
In the hustle and bustle of life, I realized that I didn't update Grant's eye appointment from the end of May. Or at least if I did, I can't find it. Because it was such good news, I had to share. I've literally told anybody and everybody who would listen about this.
Well, as we all know, Grant's left eye is his weak eye. The reason for patching. The reason for 4 long hours a day worth of patching. With that being said, I was nervous about going to this appointment. I was afraid we would have to up the patching (this has happened to us the last few appointments).
As Dr. Metz is examining his eyes, he said, "Wow! He's really using that left eye and his vision is looking great out of it." I felt two things at that moment. The first was shock. I don't guess I ever realized until that moment that he wasn't seeing out of that eye. I knew his vision wasn't as good in it, but I didn't realize it was little of nothing. The other feeling was PURE RELIEF! I was so thankful that all of these hours worth of misery for him have been worth it! He actually said to patch for three to four hours a day!
Since then, we've done a complete turn around with patching. Since he's blind without his glasses, we are able to pop a lens out of his eye that needs to be patched and get the same effect. That is what made the progress with his eye for that appointment and continues to make progress today. He doesn't bother it, and therefore we get constant patching.
As far as the eyes go (and everything else right now)......life is good and God is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a fantastic update! I'm so happy to hear it!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord, thanks for always sharing with us. I love to praise God for ALL the good works HE does!
ReplyDeleteYay for good news! And YAY for awesome sunglasses on the beach and lil sandy forearms. ;)
ReplyDeleteHurray for less patching! And so glad you are seeing results. I love good news at the eye doc!
ReplyDelete