This year for Thanksgiving my family all met in Opelika. The original plan was to go to the mountains, but my brother really wanted to go to Opelika to hunt. As you can imagine, none of the other men in my family complained about that. (We're even turning my sister's Asian husband into a country boy!) Plus, with Josh deploying, we knew he would only have two more breaks. One for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. As far as we were concerned, we would do anything and everything that man (weird to think my baby brother is a man now) wanted to do.
Here's my boys on Thanksgiving Day. Yep. Best I got.
And it was a first Thanksgiving for this incredibly adorable guy!
And this little man couldn't let all the big men go hunting without him. He's been asking to go see a deer with daddy, so I caved and let him go. He had a BLAST! He talks about it all the time, and he's been back twice since then. I'm telling you, I'm going to have to learn to enjoy hunting or I'm going to constantly be left by myself. Wait a second.... that's not a bad thing. ;) Anywho, we weren't planning on Jacob going so I didn't have anything for him to wear with me. Daddy came to the rescue once again.
We had a bonfire one night and roasted wienies and made s'mores. It was a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed it.
We all have so much to be thankful for. From the basic necessities to the people(s) :) in our lives we most treasure.







No comments:
Post a Comment