The Sunday before Christmas, the Parsons (Wayne's mom's family) all got together for their gathering. Would you believe I don't have a pic of Mammaw or Pappaw??? (Baby brain, I tell ya!) But I did get a few of these two cuties!
We were able to get with Wayne's immediate family on the 23rd, and it was a blast! I'm very fortunate to have such sweet in laws! Unfortunately, I have no proof because it's on my camera. Same goes with the Peoples clan. They all get together on Christmas Eve every year, and Jacob has so many cousins that were born within 2 years of each other that we gather them up and snap a "quick" (haha!) picture of them all. It was really precious. Grant will be the baby of that group next year.
Then, we headed to my parents' on Christmas Eve evening. My family has Christmas Eve traditions. It starts with the candlelight service at church (that we've missed the last two years!), and then we have lots of fun reading! We start with "Twas the Night Before Christmas," then "Santa and The Christ Child" (PRECIOUS book!), and finally, most important, the REAL story of Christmas. After that we open one gift on Christmas Eve night from Mom and Dad. This year, I opened a sewing machine!! I can't wait to have time (HAHA!) to play with it! Then, something special happened. We had proof that Santa had arrived and we needed to hurry ourselves to bed!
As we got in bed I was asking Jacob, "Do you know who's coming tonight?" He proudly exclaimed, "SANTY!!!" "And do you know what he's bringing?" "PRESENTS!!!" He knew full well what presents were at this point because he had opened them three times for Christmas already!
We had a blast Christmas morning. The main present that we spent the most time trying to find was this Dance Star Mickey. Jacob saw it in Target and fell in love. We knew we had to find it. Obviously EVERYONE wanted this toy, and it took forever going to a million different stores, and finally Pappy found it for us! SHEW! Thanks Paps!
Jacob is really good at shaking his "mouseka tail!" :)
My precious Mama Rena. She spends every Christmas with us, and it is a cherished time!
Check out Jacob in the back. He's doing number two. :) We realized it shortly after this picture was taken. Ha!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! It truly is my favorite time of the year! Next year will be even better as our family grows!








No comments:
Post a Comment